MacNN Forums (
-   Tech News (
-   -   Newer Technology ships up to five foot tall GripBase Podium iPad stand (

NewsPoster May 15, 2013 08:16 PM
Newer Technology ships up to five foot tall GripBase Podium iPad stand
Accessory maker <a href="" rel='nofollow'>Newer Technology</a> announced today the NewerTech GripBase Podium floor stand for securely elevating the Apple iPad 2, 3, 4 and iPad mini to provide for maximum user viewing comfort in any setting. The podium ranges from a viewing height of 38 inches to nearly five feet, and features 360 degree rotation.<br />
<br />
The GripBase Podium easily attaches to the included protective GripStand case for iPad 2, 3, or 4 models or the GripStand mini case (not included), which holds an iPad securely while still allowing full access to all controls and connections. <br />
<br />
A ribbed twist lock prevents extension shaft slip. Over 12 pounds of weight on the base prevent tipping. An included protective GripStand case (for iPad 2, 3, and 4 models) attaches and removes readily for mobile use. Additionally, the stand is compatible with all previous generations of GripStand cases.<br />
<br />
the GripBase Podium is available immediately from NewerTech's exclusive distributor, <a href="" rel='nofollow'>Other World Computing</a> for $40 as well as through the retail channel for a suggested retail price of $45.
Mr. Strat May 16, 2013 10:29 AM
Hmmm...looks like a mic stand to me.

I use my iPad for music. Have a Griffin holder that screws onto the mic stand and holds my iPad 4 with all the music in it using OnSong. Works great.