PDA

View Full Version : Airport Menubar (removing?)

pmcd
Dec 13, 2001, 05:53 AM
How do I get rid of the Airport icon in the menubar? I have Airport installed in an iMac but don't use it. There doesn't seem to be a way to get it out of the menubar without removing the card.

philip

MickS
Dec 13, 2001, 05:57 AM
Go to System Preferences/Network. Select Airport from the list of interfaces. Click on the Airport tab and then uncheck the box at the bottom of the pane.

Adam Silver
Dec 13, 2001, 06:39 AM
Or hold down the Commmand key and drag it off the menu bar.

ls -al
Dec 13, 2001, 10:35 AM
Or switch to a Network config with Airport and switch it off in Internet connect ...

Terri
Dec 13, 2001, 10:49 AM
Just hold down the command key and drag it out of the menu bar. It will be gone it a puff of smoke.

ChaChi Boy
Dec 13, 2001, 10:55 AM
Use whiteout on the screen.

jcarr
Dec 13, 2001, 11:44 AM
I actually still use the AirPort and battery docklings from 10.0.

The 10.1 update will delete the Dock Extras, but you can save the folder onto another disk or network share, and just copy it back after you update.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: jcarr ]

Oink
Dec 13, 2001, 11:51 AM
In case you need it back on, menu items are located at /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras. Just dray any of them back to the menu bar to activate.

pmcd
Dec 13, 2001, 05:10 PM
Hmm...that was the first thing I tried. It didn't do it.

philip

Originally posted by MickS:
<STRONG>Go to System Preferences/Network. Select Airport from the list of interfaces. Click on the Airport tab and then uncheck the box at the bottom of the pane.</STRONG>

pmcd
Dec 13, 2001, 05:11 PM
I tried that but I can still see it peeking out. I don't want to use any more whiteout than necessary as the jar is running out and I need it to get rid of other icons...

philip

Originally posted by ChaChi Boy:
<STRONG>Use whiteout on the screen.</STRONG>

pmcd
Dec 13, 2001, 05:14 PM
Thank's. That worked. Neat actually.

philip

Originally posted by Terri:
<STRONG>Just hold down the command key and drag it out of the menu bar. It will be gone it a puff of smoke.</STRONG>