PDA

View Full Version : Identities in Mail.app

surfacto
Dec 18, 2001, 05:52 PM
Mail.app is great, except that I cannot select seperate identities, like in Entourage or Outlook. I'm pretty sure there is no way around this.
My girlfriend uses my iMac for email only, so I don't really want to have to set up a user account for her and have to logout whenever she wants to check email, but we both would like to use Mail.app instead of Entourage. Suggestions? Profecy of updates coming? Alternative mail app that accomplishes this?

iNeusch
Dec 18, 2001, 05:55 PM
Hey!

I made an account for my GF... it's so easy, and it ended up that she liked the fact it was her own computer in a way ;)

(My GF uses my mac each time she is in now... that's the bad part ;) )

diamondsw
Dec 18, 2001, 06:09 PM
Um, open Mail.app's Preferences and set up multiple accounts. You can have as many as you need, and just have them go to different mailboxes. Simple.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: diamondsw ]

surfacto
Dec 18, 2001, 06:20 PM
The problem with that is with setting up multiple IMAP accounts. They all open simultaneously and all obey the same preferences. For example, all sentmail is saved to the same folder regardless of the source. I don't want her mail saved on my account and vice versa.

Boondoggle
Dec 18, 2001, 08:52 PM
set up a user account for her on your system. It may seem cuddly to share email and all that crap but it is really a nuisance.