PDA

View Full Version : So are the 100 prints still part of the deal?

JeremyS
Sep 23, 2002, 01:06 AM
Thinking about signing up seeing the time limit is almost up, are the 100 free prints still included?

OAW
Sep 23, 2002, 11:52 AM
I believe so since I still see it advertised. I was all set not to sign up for .Mac until this offer came out. The 100 prints essentially pays for the first year of .Mac, so I think I will sign up and give them a year to see how the "service" evolves. If it doesn't, I can always not renew it next year.

OAW

Gatorzx2
Sep 23, 2002, 12:04 PM
Yep, they are still there until the 30th.

KidRed
Sep 23, 2002, 12:14 PM
Yea if you can get your order placed. My wife has been trying to get about 40 or so printed for the last 2 weeks and gets a bust error try again later.

Person Man
Sep 23, 2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by KidRed:
Yea if you can get your order placed. My wife has been trying to get about 40 or so printed for the last 2 weeks and gets a bust error try again later.

Try cutting the one order into two smaller orders.

I tried to place an order for 55 photos and got the "busy" error, but when I cut the order into two smaller orders (26 prints in one and 27 in the other), it worked.

The only drawback is that an order for 55 prints would have cost $6.99 for shipping and the two orders each cost $4.99 for shipping, so I ended up paying $3 more than I would have otherwise, but, hey, at least shipping was ALL I had to pay for.

graveguy
Sep 23, 2002, 06:17 PM
Anyone know how to confirm that they were given their free photos?

I upgraded my existing iTools account to a paid .Mac account about a week ago...I go into iPhoto and it doesn't tell me that I have a credit. My iTools account associated with my current log in is the same as the account I upgraded.

-GraveGuy

JeremyS
Sep 23, 2002, 06:51 PM
Ok here's the deal.

Yes the prints are still part of the deal (I just signed up).

You must register for 1-Click, your Apple ID must be the email address of your .Mac account to get the credits.

Now in iPhoto, the photo ordering page can only show double digits so you won't see 100 credits.

When I signed up it said 11, but once I selected 11 it reset to 99, to test it just bring up the ordering screen in iPhoto and enter 20 prints for a photo, you should see your credits jump back up.

triangle
Sep 24, 2002, 03:40 AM
So I guess this is only for the US!? In Europe we have to pay the same $49 but don't get the free prints. I'm not so sure if I like what Apple is doing lately! To be honest I don't like their pricing.

Meadowfield
Sep 27, 2002, 09:15 AM
Funny. I don't see any credits when ordering. I enabled one click previously so perhaps that's the problem (?)

Any suggestions?

C.J. Moof
Sep 27, 2002, 10:14 AM
You MUST enable one-click using an apple ID that's a mac.com email address to get your free prints. A good hour of my evening yesterday went into figuring that out, making a new Apple ID and reconnecting iPhoto with the new ID, but I now have 90 prints from my recent vacation on the way for $6.99, with a few left over.

If you want to keep getting 10 free prints for enabling 1-click ordering, it seems you could just keep registering email addresses... I have 10 from my usual email address apple ID, then 10 from the .mac address that they forced me to re-register with to get my signup bonus. I guess you could keep going with other addresses..... but then, 10 prints for $7 costs more than going to my local grocery store for prints.