PDA

View Full Version : Mail.app-where are address auto-complete prefs stored?

rt
Sep 24, 2002, 06:14 AM
In Mail.app, where are the address auto-complete prefs stored?

rjenkinson
Sep 24, 2002, 06:34 AM
mail grabs addresses from the address book application. it used to add temporary cards to the address book pre-jaguar, but it now only relies on user-entered data from the application. which is why you might be missing address book entries (because you never really entered them in the first place).

-r.

rt
Sep 24, 2002, 07:05 AM
What I'm actually loooking for is the "auto-complete" prefs database which stores email address.

Specifically, when I type in an address on an email, if I've typed that address before, 10.2 will auto complete the address for me whether I have that persons address in the Address Book or not. So somewhere is stored a database of email addresses which I have previously typed into the email address field in Mail which independent of the Address Book.

At least I think there is.

Ibson
Sep 24, 2002, 07:19 AM
From the Window menu, choose Address History. That's where they addresses are stored.

Morpheus
Sep 24, 2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by rt:
10.2 will auto complete the address for me whether I have that persons address in the Address Book or not.

Perfectly true.

Actually auto completing works for every email address from which you have ever received an email. No need to type it even once.

Was looking for a pref file or comments in help myself.....anyone?

rt
Sep 24, 2002, 08:05 AM
Thanks Ibson, that's exactly what I was looking for, Address History.