PDA

View Full Version : lost application folder icon in toolbar

foppie
Sep 24, 2002, 02:54 PM
hi,

i was just imprting some files from my pc and after that my application folder icon changed from the "A" into an empty peace of paper. is there a folder where those icons are stored? i can't find it.:(

jimcpherson
Sep 24, 2002, 03:51 PM
This has happened to me once or twice. Do you have CandyBar installed? I thought maybe this app caused the disappearing icon since it modifies the icons in the Toolbar and the other application icons were not effected.

foppie
Sep 24, 2002, 04:21 PM
i don't have candybar. i don't even know what it is. what did you do to solve the problem?

chris v
Sep 24, 2002, 04:28 PM
I've had the finder turn all my icons everywhere into the plain paper icon once or twice, and a log out/in fixed it right up. Other than that, go to customize toolbar... drag the apps out, and back in again. Maybe. HTH,

CV

foppie
Sep 24, 2002, 04:34 PM
hi,

thanks, log out in helped. i tried to drag it back in from the customize toolbar app. that didn't help. very strange.

jimcpherson
Sep 24, 2002, 04:46 PM
CandyBar is an app used to replace the icons in your Toolbar to ones of your chosing (ex. change the Computer icon to match to your computer). Logging out then in fixed it for me as well. Maybe its a bug resulting from low system memory.