PDA

View Full Version : Do you notice gradual slowing in screen effects?

Kaner
Sep 24, 2002, 10:37 PM
When I installed 10.2 minimizing was a beautiful sight, very smooth and fluid. However, over time and with daily use, it has slowed to a jumpy mess much like in 10.1.x

10.2.1 helped the problem for about a day, but then all when to hell again...

wtf?

any known problems or fixes?

iKevin
Sep 24, 2002, 10:54 PM
I noticed this too....seems like it just loses it's umph.

Log outs seem to help a slight bit

mrtew
Sep 24, 2002, 11:01 PM
If you want to really see the minimizing in all it's beauty and glory just hold the Shift key when you hit the yellow button! Soooooo sweet!

Kaner
Sep 24, 2002, 11:11 PM
yes but even that is choppy too. i just dont understand.

mrtew
Sep 24, 2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Kaner:
yes but even that is choppy too. i just dont understand.

I don't either. Mine hasn't gotten worse at all, and the slo-mo shift version is unbelievably smooth. Something is wrong there!

godzookie2k
Sep 24, 2002, 11:40 PM
restart recently? defrag, and/or all that hoohah?

MindFad
Sep 25, 2002, 12:12 AM
Yes, same here. Noticed it in 10.1.5, too. It can happen with me within just a few minutes. It happens like when I have a certain combination of applications open, particularly brushed-metal ones. When windows go TO the dock, they are choppy, but when they come from the dock they are not, for me.

Also, window dragging for me. It's a silky-smooth 60 frames when I drag, but anything lower than halfway down my screen (a little below the dock that is on the left side), things get choppy (30 frames-ish). This happened when I had 10.2.5 as well. My GF's iMac is silky-smooth all the time, and I have a dual-800 with GF3, so it's not my computer. :)

Anyway, weird occurrence, but not too annoying. Just a small kink hopefully removed eventually.