PDA

View Full Version : Rotten .mac Backup given

bohdanz
Sep 25, 2002, 01:51 AM
I was getting happy with my .mac account which I paid for until I discovered that

Backup allows you to backup your own files from only ONE computer -

I've got a G4 and a Pismo and learned that my G4 backed up my files - and if I want to backup up even one file (exactly what I tried to do) I have to let .mac erase all my backed up materials.

Any thoughts?
Any workaround?

Or another Apple - 'take it or leave it.'

CharlesS
Sep 25, 2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by bohdanz:
I was getting happy with my .mac account which I paid for until I discovered that

Backup allows you to backup your own files from only ONE computer -

I've got a G4 and a Pismo and learned that my G4 backed up my files - and if I want to backup up even one file (exactly what I tried to do) I have to let .mac erase all my backed up materials.

Any thoughts?
Any workaround?

Or another Apple - 'take it or leave it.'

I guess you could:

1. drag that one file to your iDisk manually

OR:

2. use something else other than .mac to backup.

Of course, since I don't have .mac, there could be some way around this that I don't know about.

losgatos
Sep 25, 2002, 09:01 PM
I can't get Backup to "back up" files to a CDRW ... gives me some sort of disk error. And why no network drive support? I have this huge FW HD attached. I ought to be able to back up to that!

Brass
Sep 25, 2002, 11:05 PM
Does anyone get the impression that Apple have thrown quality control out the window in recent years, in preference to getting products out quickly?

There's always been bugs in any software, but Apple used to be better than most. Now they're software is just as bad as anyone elses, and often even worse (iTunes updaters, anyone?).

Mr. Blur
Sep 25, 2002, 11:28 PM
the best thing to do is give feedback to apple about it, in a contructive manner. maybe a fix will come in a future version