PDA

View Full Version : MacOS X Utilities Recommendations...

oharag
Sep 26, 2002, 11:01 AM
I just started using MacOS X recently. What type of disk utilities do you guys recommend? Is it best to go with just Norton Utilities? What does Drive 10 do? What ever happened to AlSofts DiskExpress Pro? It has yet been updates to run on MacOS 9, and I doubt it will ever run on X. I guess I would like to have some internet/wireless security software as well. I run over a wireless network attached to a cable modem. Is it Norton Systemworks I need to buy? Or is it easier to use MacOS X's internal firewall software (I have no clue how to set this up though)? I have a D-Link 614+ wireless router. When I tried setting encryption/security via their online config module it would never take. I called D-Link, and they stated it was better to set security in another manner. What manner this was eludes me. Any recommendations? I tried using Airport Admin Utility, but since I'm using a non-Airport router it did not link up. There is an option to connect to another manu base station, but it asks for the station's IP address. Anyone know how to get this IP address? Again, I went to D-Link's web site and tried finding the IP address using their online setup software. I could not find it. Any thoughts.

Sorry for the long winded post.