PDA

View Full Version : Any way to import Entourage address into Address Book?

northportguy
Sep 26, 2002, 02:55 PM
I'm thinking of moving from Entourage to Mail, Address Book, iCal. I notice that Address Book allows import of vCards and LDIF. As far as I could determine, Entourage can't export address info to either of these formats. Is there any way to move your Entourage addresses to Address Book (other than retyping them, of course)?

oski
Sep 26, 2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by northportguy:
I'm thinking of moving from Entourage to Mail, Address Book, iCal. I notice that Address Book allows import of vCards and LDIF. As far as I could determine, Entourage can't export address info to either of these formats. Is there any way to move your Entourage addresses to Address Book (other than retyping them, of course)?

Two easy ways I know of - both mentioned in earlier threads. One is to email an exported file to yourself and import from address book and the other (I did this one) to drag your address book (select all) to the desktop, then drag them and drop them in address book.

Search the threads for much better details - they're there...

alex_kac
Sep 26, 2002, 07:57 PM
Entourage can export contacts in vCard format by dragging and dropping the addresses on the desktop.

But Apple created a very nice little AppleScript to import Entourage contacts into AddressBook.

Look in the AppleScript folder of Applications.