PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar Sleep Issue

Weezer
Sep 26, 2002, 04:04 PM
Ever since I went to 10.2 Ive had problems with sleep. It will go to sleep, it will wake up from sleep. However, when I wake up from sleep, I have no internet for some crazy reason. I have to restart in order for my internet to kick back in. I'm currently running 10.2.1 on a 933 G4 with 768 RAM, any thoughts?

ink
Sep 26, 2002, 04:08 PM
Ever since I installed Jag, my iBook will never go to sleep while plugged in, but it will go to sleep when on battery. I've played with the Energy Saver control panel to no avail.

Deal
Sep 26, 2002, 07:37 PM
Try creating a new user and logging in as it. See if the problem still exists. That aught to narrow the problem down to a pref or cached file.

sshand
Sep 27, 2002, 03:45 AM
I used to have the same problem with losing network after waking from sleep but noticed that it actually comes back on its own after 3 or 4 mins. Not ideal but it saves a logout/reboot.

snerdini
Sep 27, 2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by sshand:
I used to have the same problem with losing network after waking from sleep but noticed that it actually comes back on its own after 3 or 4 mins. Not ideal but it saves a logout/reboot.

I can confirm this as well. It doesn't happen every time I wake from sleep, but occasionally I won't have a network connection for a couple of minutes. The first time this happened, I was almost logged out when all of a sudden the network kicked back in.

So now I just wait :(

curmi
Sep 27, 2002, 09:13 AM
Same thing happens here for me (dual 450 G4). Not every time, but at least every second time.

C.J. Moof
Sep 27, 2002, 10:21 AM
My sleep problem is that my Cube/450 randomly won't wake up. It was stuck in sleep when I got back from vacation, then it did it again this morning. It had slept just fine from the evening to the next morning every other day this week, but this morning, hard restart.

It just sticks on a slept monitor no matter what I jiggle, press or touch, until I curse at it and hit the reset button.