PDA

View Full Version : toast 5.2 out....but....

Liquidity X
Sep 26, 2002, 11:19 PM
it crashes at launch for alot of peps. including me :( but its on VT if u wanan give it a shot.

libraryguy
Sep 26, 2002, 11:23 PM
Just downloaded and installed it. I've already burned two CD's with no problems...not crashes...works as advertised for me. Good Luck.

Kaner
Sep 26, 2002, 11:45 PM
crashes for me
pb rev. b 667, gig ram, 60 gig ibm, 10.2.1

Technicolor
Sep 26, 2002, 11:55 PM
Great update! (for the 1% of the install base who can actually get it to work).

Crashes at startup for me too. :(

OldManMac
Sep 27, 2002, 12:56 AM
That sucks; I just bought a copy yesterday of 5.13! What's different about it?

fulmer
Sep 27, 2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by KarlG:
That sucks; I just bought a copy yesterday of 5.13! What's different about it?

versiontracker lists the 'improvements'. however, 5.1.2 works fine in 10.2.1 for me. no need to upgrade until all the 5.2 issues are smoothed out.

Zimphire
Sep 27, 2002, 02:35 AM
Crashes for me as well. :o

BatmanPPC
Sep 27, 2002, 02:45 AM
Works for me except for creating VCDs. Says something about Toast VideoCD being expired.

Zimphire
Sep 27, 2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by BatmanPPC:
Works for me except for creating VCDs. Says something about Toast VideoCD being expired.

Stop lying.

:)

sapiens
Sep 27, 2002, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by BatmanPPC:

If you check inside the Quicktime folder (inside the Library folder) you will see that the videocd component is there but it is shown either as a package or as a folder. It has not been "unpacked". That's why Toast cannot find it.
A way around this is to throw away EVERYTHING that has to do with toast (search for roxio and for toast)and reistall Toast 5.1.3. Then open the Quicktime folder inside the Libray folder and drag out the vcd component. Put it in the trash but DON'T empty the trash. Or you could stuffit. The reason for this is that when you use the toast 5.2 installer the installer deletes this file regardless of where it is located (it goes through all your hard disks and partitions, but it does not look inside the trash).
Now you can install toast 5.2. When that is done, open the Quicktime folder inside the Libray folder and replace the new vcd component with the one from 5.1.3. VCD burning will now work.

Millennium
Sep 27, 2002, 07:41 AM
Does it still have the we-can-hack-your-machine-at-will clause in its EULA? Or, to put it another way, am I sticking with 5.1.3 through yet another release?

Telusman
Sep 27, 2002, 07:43 AM
I just got the 5.2 update and tried it, worked flawlessly,

I posted a while ago about APE and Fruitmenu interfereing with Toast, now i thought something nice might have happened and either Roxio made a workaround, or it would just magically work, dillusional, i know.

I reinstalled APE and started up toast, rebooted... Toast no workie anymore, gave me an unexpected quit on startup -- wouldnt start normally at all, just constant crashes. I shed a tear then deleted APE again and disabled fruitmenu, Toast works fine again.

You guys who have problems with Toast, do you have APE installed? or any kind of haxie that is an "Application enhancer" ? If you disable it, does your Toast work?

slava
Sep 27, 2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Telusman:

You guys who have problems with Toast, do you have APE installed? or any kind of haxie that is an "Application enhancer" ? If you disable it, does your Toast work?

I just have tested Toast 5.2 on a pure system running no haxies/APE -- it still crashes on me on application start up, with the exact crashlog as with APE installed.

To remove APE (temporary or not), download APE installer and click on the "Uninstall" button -- you don't have to remove individual modules in "Application Enhancers" folder as there will be nothing to load them. ;)

(http://download.unsanity.com/ape-11.dmg.sit)

If this is our problem (which at the moment looks quite unlikely that it is ours), we will do our best to fix this issue ASAP.

hyperizer
Sep 27, 2002, 09:14 AM
Perhaps it'd be best to hold off for the official release Oct. 2.

Liquidity X
Sep 27, 2002, 11:32 AM
read the main macnn page. says its a unoffical release, final should be out next week.