PDA

View Full Version : sherlock x

ae86_16v
Sep 27, 2002, 08:43 PM
Ok...I am a dumbass...

How do you use this thing? How do I find files on my HD...all it comes up with is all the internet, ebay, yellow pages, etc...

how do I get it back to just searching the HD?

Thanks in advance...

juanvaldes
Sep 27, 2002, 08:47 PM
command-f to search for files on your computer. They have finally removed this functionality from sherlock and put it back to the way it used to be. This is a good thing.

Developer
Sep 27, 2002, 08:52 PM
Command-F in the Finder (to make that clear).

You now also have a search field in the Finder windows' toolbar. If you did an upgrade install to Jaguar, you might need to customize the toolbar to get it.

To search for files by name in a folder and it's subfolders simply enter the search text into this search field.

To search by other criteria, select File->Find... (Command-F) in the Finder, or click the label "Search" under the search field in the toolbar.

ae86_16v
Sep 27, 2002, 08:55 PM
thanks a million guys...if you haven't notice I'm new around here...just picked up a Powerbook...so still getting use to everything.

so Sherlock X isn't for search on your HD any more huh?

Could i remove it then?

Developer
Sep 27, 2002, 09:01 PM
Yes, finding files is now completely in the Finder (and that's the logical place for it as you can see at its name).

You could remove Sherlock if you don't need it. I wouldn't do that though. It is very small. If it will be updated with a future system upgrade, Apple's dumb installer could be confused and put crap where it assumes Sherlock to be.