PDA

View Full Version : iMac ?

stoneage
Sep 29, 2002, 03:18 PM
I signed up for .mac and am able to Backup, have an email account, iDisk etc., but when I go to System Preferences /Internet and click the .Mac tab my member name is correct but the password is not. My password has 8 digits and the one in the window has 10. How do I change the password? When I click on the iDisk tab it tells me to enter my info on the .Mac tab (catch 22). I can circumvent this by going to Apple/.Mac and entering my password there. Any ideas?

MindFad
Sep 29, 2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by stoneage:
I signed up for .mac and am able to Backup, have an email account, iDisk etc., but when I go to System Preferences /Internet and click the .Mac tab my member name is correct but the password is not. My password has 8 digits and the one in the window has 10. How do I change the password? When I click on the iDisk tab it tells me to enter my info on the .Mac tab (catch 22). I can circumvent this by going to Apple/.Mac and entering my password there. Any ideas?
I believe it is supposed to display 10 digits, to keep anyone from seeing how many digits are actually in the PW. Same for me.

Xeo
Sep 29, 2002, 03:53 PM
You can change your password from the .Mac website. Otherwise, delete the keychain entry in Keychain Access for .Mac and then try to re-enter your password in the Internet pane.

And yea, it's supposed to display 10 digits so nobody can guess your password by the number of digits it has.