PDA

View Full Version : Wired 4DVD + Pioneer DVD ROM Help

Riddler
Jul 5, 1999, 03:24 PM
I just bought a Wired 4DVD decoder and Pioneer 103s Slot loading IDE DVD ROM. Installed it into my Beige G3 300 MT fine. Apple CD/DVD Ext supports the drive fine, something clashes with the Iomega 6.0.4 driver causing a freeze but this is the last of my worries (maybee the Wired INIT?).

Tested it with Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels region 2, works fine, so I blew nearly 100 pounds on 6 DVD's an NONE work saying "The disk/file is unable to be played"

The folks at Wired Inc won't respond (yet) and i'm a little pi**ed off. There all Region 2 DVD's and i can't figure why Lock Stock plays but the rest don't.

Weird thing, even the software DVD decoder by that french fella plays Lock Stock but not the rest!

I'm completely baffled.

HELP PLEASE

Riddler
Jul 8, 1999, 12:51 PM
Wow guys! Thanks for the help, look at all these replies.

Doh!

Looks like the only DVD option for the Mac is a pile of crap. No reply from Wired Inc yet, over a week since I mailed them. Tech support at the place where i bought the thing from e-mailed them yesterday, I might give them a couple more days to reply.

If they don't reply soon I'll have to get a refund and buy a proper DVD Player.

What a pain in the ass.

Riddler
Jul 11, 1999, 06:11 AM
I have to thank Mark Boris for his excellent help with the Wired 4DVD problems I'm having. It seems that my probelms are down to a hardware problem with the IDE Pioneer Drive. I'll post a message when we have found the solution.

My apologies to Wired Inc for slagging off there card, it may not be the caus eof my problems after all.