PDA

View Full Version : Calculator crash when updating exchange rates

osiris
Sep 1, 2005, 08:44 PM
On 4 macs (w/ 10.3.9 & at different locations) the Calculator crashes when updating the currency exchange rates.

I used this just last month, so I think it broke sometime during the last Security update, not sure.

Anyone else having problems like this?
Thanks in advance!

Barry
Sep 1, 2005, 09:59 PM
i don't get a crash, but I cannot update the rates...it tries and tries but can't seem to connect to whatever server it needs to updte the rates, but I can close the application. A problem :)

osiris
Sep 1, 2005, 10:52 PM
i don't get a crash, but I cannot update the rates...it tries and tries but can't seem to connect to whatever server it needs to updte the rates, but I can close the application. A problem :)

Thanks, I'm not alone!

I just tried it under Tiger and I get a "can't connect message".
Which is a little nicer than an outright crash in 10.3.9.

dru
Sep 12, 2005, 06:52 AM

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus. Having the same problem. I have to Force Quit Calculator to stop the unending attempt to update exchange rates. The newest successful version I had is from mid-August.

Randman
Sep 12, 2005, 07:32 AM
Trash your plist and re-open the app.

rickey939
Sep 12, 2005, 07:36 AM
Trash your plist and re-open the app.
Doesn't help...at least it didn't for me. Anybody else?

Raining Down in Texas
Sep 12, 2005, 07:59 AM
For me, the fix to the crash during exchange rate update was removing the ICeCoffEE extension input manager. I had the old version, before it was an APE program.

The problem was repeatable; I removed this input manager and the problem went away, I put it back and the problem returned.

Barry
Sep 12, 2005, 10:10 AM
Trashing the prefs makes no difference. I don't have ICeCoffE installed. Its a real problem.

workerbee
Sep 13, 2005, 06:24 AM
Maybe Apple is trying to get everyone to use Widgets. Calculator stopped updating exchange rates 2 weeks ago here (I'm now using KoalaCalc); Sherlock's "translate" page also freezes.