PDA

View Full Version : OMG OMG OMG! Carmageddon is here!!!!!

Spheric Harlot
Oct 17, 2012, 09:40 AM
This was the one classic game I was waiting for...finally! And it's free, for now!

After a huge licensing mess and a kickstarter-financed development marathon, here it is:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/carmageddon/id498240451?mt=8

Demonhood
Oct 25, 2012, 09:45 AM
Just as I remembered it.
Altho finding exactly the right controls are tricky.

Spheric Harlot
Oct 25, 2012, 01:44 PM
iPhone works nicely with tilt-steering (like Real Racing).

On the iPad, I seem to prefer the on-screen controls.

I love the iPad version.

My iOS life is complete.

(Well, there's a bunch missing that I'd like for the job, but that's slowly getting there.)

andi*pandi
Oct 26, 2012, 05:39 AM
Sounds fun but I'll have to keep the kids off of it. Perhaps hide the icon in a "work" folder. :D

cgc
Oct 26, 2012, 10:34 AM
This was the one classic game I was waiting for...finally! And it's free, for now!
After a huge licensing mess and a kickstarter-financed development marathon, here it is:
https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/carmageddon/id498240451?mt=8

I nominate your thread as the stupidest thread title ever.

Spheric Harlot
Oct 26, 2012, 11:33 AM
I nominate your thread as the stupidest thread title ever.

:lol: :err:

When Carmageddon stopped working on Mac OS (with the death of Classic), the ONE game I still played regularly (less than regularly, because it kinda sucked in Classic) disappeared.

I tracked down Stainless a few years later, and have been following them ever since. After having written off any chance of ever playing it again except on vintage hardware (which I no longer have the time or space for) due to the license wrangling, I was majorly stoked to find that they'd regained the license and Kickstartered a new version.

This release is a pretty big deal IMHO.

If the release is of no significance to you, I calmly suggest you piss off.

cgc
Oct 29, 2012, 03:01 AM
:lol: :err:
When Carmageddon stopped working on Mac OS (with the death of Classic), the ONE game I still played regularly (less than regularly, because it kinda sucked in Classic) disappeared.
I tracked down Stainless a few years later, and have been following them ever since. After having written off any chance of ever playing it again except on vintage hardware (which I no longer have the time or space for) due to the license wrangling, I was majorly stoked to find that they'd regained the license and Kickstartered a new version.
This release is a pretty big deal IMHO.
If the release is of no significance to you, I calmly suggest you piss off.

"OMG OMG OMG..."

Glad you're happy, I just thought it was a stupid thread title...not saying the game isn't significant to some.