PDA

View Full Version : First 1969, now this...

Arakageeta256
Nov 15, 2001, 01:10 AM
I was finally getting used to resetting the time on my 10.1.x machine after every boot to fix my clock (the Wed. 4pm 1969 problem many have reported). Well, it just got worse: I'm stuck in millitary time.

?!

That isn't even an option in Date & Time!!!

I've done everything to looking for Date & Time prefs (couldn't find any) to running Norton Utilities to PRAM zapping.

I updated to 10.1.1 a few days ago and this is the first time I have seen the problem. The only thing that has changed on my system is the installation of StuffIt Lite 6.5.1.

Any ideas???

rworne
Nov 15, 2001, 04:07 AM
Check:
System Preferences->International->Time

There's the 24-hour preference switch.

Robert

Arakageeta256
Nov 15, 2001, 06:56 AM
Weird. That fixed it.

12 hour clock was selected even though it was showing 24. Just toggled the two back and forth-- things seem to be fixed.

Thanks.

CharlesS
Nov 15, 2001, 07:33 AM
If your clock keeps resetting to 1969, you may need to replace the battery.

Nov 15, 2001, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by CharlesS:
<STRONG>If your clock keeps resetting to 1969, you may need to replace the battery.</STRONG>
I have a G4 and my time keep resetting as well in OSX but not in Classic.

Richard Clark
Nov 15, 2001, 10:04 AM
I had to re-install X on my G3 Beige since Sherlock had died. The time was messed up on it. When I went into Date & Time yesterday it only allowed me to set by millitary time. But the wierd thing was that it showed up in normal civilian time in the menu bar.

If I remember correctly, back when 10.0 was release we had the choice to choose between millitary and civilian time ????

greener
Nov 16, 2001, 03:46 PM
If the hour is to only thing changing between OS X and 9.. it's most likely your time zone prefs

starfleetX
Nov 16, 2001, 11:39 PM
:rolleyes: No, no, the battery is not dying.

This is a problem that Apple intruduced in the GM build of 10.1 and still hasn't fixed it. Anyone who has a SCSI card has this problem. Upon startup, the OS queries the card but the card returns a reset flag that kills the time/date settings. The only fix right now is to remove the offending SCSI card.

My Mac does it too (DP500G4 w/ Ultra160SCSI Card).

starfleetX
Nov 16, 2001, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Richard Clark:
<STRONG>I had to re-install X on my G3 Beige since Sherlock had died. The time was messed up on it. When I went into Date & Time yesterday it only allowed me to set by millitary time. But the wierd thing was that it showed up in normal civilian time in the menu bar.

If I remember correctly, back when 10.0 was release we had the choice to choose between millitary and civilian time ????</STRONG>
Did you forget to read the posts above yours?
Check:
System Preferences-&gt;International-&gt;Time

There's the 24-hour preference switch.

chasnhisimac
Nov 18, 2001, 01:44 AM
I've seen this! Yeah, my computer (iMac) is jsut fine and hasn't had any other date/time related problems but I did see it switch into 24 hour mode after I ran the 10.1.1 and Airport 2 updaters.

A simple toggle of the settings under sysprefs:international fixed it right up for me

0- end of document;