PDA

View Full Version : Bug in the dock

macanada
Apr 3, 2001, 11:02 AM
Sure, I have been able to change the orientation and pinning of the dock like everybody else.

But my question for everybody is -- did the new orientation/pinning of the dock STAY in it's last place when you logged out and then back in? Everytime I do that, the orientation/pinning goes back to its default position -- which is bottom/central of the screen!

Has anybody expreinced similar problem - and I have been wondering if it's a bug? For this reason, my roommate and my girlfriend experienced same problems even though they're on different computer and with their own purchased-OS-X-CDs.

Let me know,
Chad

TheBarty
Apr 3, 2001, 11:23 AM
Same on every mac. It seems that the Dock at launch does not take orientation and pinnig settings into account. Everybody is waiting for that issue to be fixed, but i doubt it'll come from Apple...

pahroza
Apr 3, 2001, 12:06 PM
I haven't had a chance to delve into this, but I'd venture to say that it's being held as an arbitrary variable that isn't written to or read from any files. As soon as I get a little more time I'm going to try to find a method of setting a login variable that'll send a message to the dock that says move here, do this upon login. We'll see how it goes...