PDA

View Full Version : How can I get OSX DP4?

twitch
Aug 18, 2000, 05:06 PM
Hi, I was just wondering how one would obtain OSX DP4. Do I have to be a developer or really in "need" of the program or can I just get it from Apple? Thanks

Twilight_MFG
Aug 18, 2000, 06:58 PM
You need to have a "select" or "premier" membership with the Apple Developer Connection (www.apple.com/developer) which will cost you $500 to $3000. At this point in time trying to obtain a copy of DP4 would be a waste of effort and money because the public beta will probably be released within the next month. Public beta may even be announced and demonstrated next week at the Seybold conference, although it will probably not ship then. At MacWorld New York, Steve Jobs said that Apple was on schedule for a public beta release sometime in early september. The public beta will be much more interesting for you to use and explore than DP4 and most likely will be far more feature complete (DP4 for the most part doesn't even contain printer drivers). So hold yer' horses and wait a few weeks (hopefully) and you should be able to get a hold of a far more useful build of OS X, and it probably won't cost you anywhere near $500.
hope this was of help,
Peace,
Twilight

[This message has been edited by Twilight_MFG (edited 08-18-2000).]