Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Apple Wireless Keyboard - Can't remove battery, stuck

Apple Wireless Keyboard - Can't remove battery, stuck
HamSandwich
Nov 2, 2015, 02:03 PM

Hi,

my dad has an Apple Wireless Keyboard. They battery is fixed, ist doesn't geht out, at least one of them. Any tips on how to remove it? A YouTube video maybe? Maybe the battery is broken and extended somehow.

Greetings,
Pete

P
Nov 2, 2015, 04:26 PM

There is a teardown here, but please be more careful than the person doing that.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

reeldoc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2015, 12:30 PM

Hello,
I just fixed the problem by making a slit with a fine electric rotary grinder where the screw cap that holds the batteries is.The cut was made on the area that there is a small rubber strip, for the keyboard to rest. I had to make the cut slit long enough to almost the center plastic area of the bluetooth compartment. With a screw driver I opened the slit a little where the screw cap is and I was able to remove the cap. Next I opened the slit a little bit all along and a could see the battery closer to where the cap is had leaked acid and corroded some of the inner aluminum tube of the keyboard.
I inserted a nail through the slit into the battery and pushed it out with a few strokes of the hammer.
I cleaned the corroded area, bent back with pliers the slit of the keyboard, sanded lightly the outside of the slit, filed the inside corrosion with a round metal file, placed the batteries and screw cap and the keyboard is back to life working as usual with the Imac. You can cover the slit with a self sticking rubber strip purchased at a nearby hardware. Good luck.

Forum Links
Forum Rules