Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Quicktime 5 Preview 2 Expired?

Quicktime 5 Preview 2 Expired?
SG3
Feb 14, 2001, 07:22 AM

I was just 'bout to set my d/ls before going to sleep when I restarted the Mac and after boot (happened to be 1min after midnight!) a message popped up saying that QT 5 has expired (QT 5 extension + Sound Manager). I guess QT5 Preview2's date is up, but that's not a problem as I'll just downgrade back to Quicktime 4.

I haven't tried reinstalling Preview2 again (just incase there was a stuff up with my system), but thought I post here just to see if anyone got the same...I hear Preview 3 might be released sometime so maybe it's 'bout time?

SG3

andymcdeee
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2001, 08:04 PM

Bonjour fellow countryman,

Yep, mine's done it too.

There's a link off the main page that talks about it (http://www.macnn.com/news.php?id=3414)

Can't even seem to get the computer to work at all now. Setting the clock back might help....

bleen
Senior User
Feb 15, 2001, 03:39 AM

If you haven't been told yet, QT 5.0 PR 3 has been released.

Dan Szwarc
Senior User
Feb 15, 2001, 09:14 PM

Mine too, but now my Powerbook won't book!
I can get in with extensions off, but it seems to hang up on the Quicktime (disabled, X'd out) then nothing.
I've removed most of the Quciktime settings, but it just freezes buring boot on the one before.
The Quicktime installer won't run (Error -XX) to uninstall it!

Any help? I may be doing a system restore soon...
Dan
"I guarantee that I am correct."
(not a guarantee)

MickS
Senior User
Feb 16, 2001, 05:14 AM

It's Sound Manager that causing the non-booting problem. This is part of the QT5 preview release and it causes the hang on boot.

If you hold down SPACE on boot and boot without extensions or get into the Extension Manager on boot you can disable Sound Manager and your system will boot. If you then get a non QT 5 pr2 Sound Manager from somewhere you'll be able to boot.

I had this yesterday :-) Installed QT5 pr 3

Forum Links
Forum Rules