Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Does iPad 3 work with iPad 1 Case and Stand?

Does iPad 3 work with iPad 1 Case and Stand?
markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2012, 08:06 PM

I have an iPad 1 and skipped the iPad 2 but am upgrading to the iPad 3. I plan to buy a new screen protector for my iPad 3 but also, there are two items I'd like to use from my iPad 1 with the iPad 3.
The first is a case that's made by Monaco. It's a leather book type case that the iPad fits in and it covers it up.
The second accessory is an iPad 1 stand made by AiData. It is a stand that sits on a desk and holds the iPad.

I have read many articles today about the iPad 3 and some are talking about upgrading from the iPad 2 and if it works with the same accessories. I know from what I read the iPad 2 was said not to work with the accessories I have but does anyone know what the dimensions and size of the iPad 3 are vs. the iPad 1 and if it would work with these accessories?

Thanks,

Mark

andi*pandi
Mar 8, 2012, 12:13 PM

I'd take your accessories into the apple store and try them out. The stand will probably work but there are so many variations in cases.

-Q-
Mar 8, 2012, 12:24 PM

The iPad would likely fit in the case, but it probably won't have all the button holes match up correctly with the buttons on the iPad 3. And you'll not have the necessary camera holes at all in the case, so you'll have to cut them out yourself or take the iPad out of its case when you want to FaceTime or take a pic of something.

Forum Links
Forum Rules