Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iphone 4 in 4.0.1 keeps turning off in standby mode

iphone 4 in 4.0.1 keeps turning off in standby mode
Big D
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2010, 06:16 AM

hi,

i got my iphone 4 about 3 weeks ago, already had one replacement this is the second one.

every other day at night or day (mostly at night) the phone just turns off.
like the screen is black and no buttons work. i have to push and hold home and lock several times for like 10 seconds and after 2-3-4 tries it restarts and works again.

this morning i had to restart it 5 times from 4am to 7am and since then i didn't had to restart it.

battery is full and i already tried to reset it back to stock and its still there.

sometimes its everyday, sometimes its several times a day and sometimes its just every other day or later.

really weird. i read about it before sometimes but no one never found a solution.

kalitai
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2010, 09:51 AM

I have the exact same problem running iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 4 32GB. It seems to happen after a long period on standby, overnight for example, as I haven't seen it happen during the day while using it. This morning, mine was shut off. When I restarted, the battery life was still at 78%. I didn't have any apps running as far as I could tell. I've already had me phone replaced for SIM card and camera problems; not looking forward to another replacement.

Forum Links
Forum Rules