Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple seeds third public, eighth developer previews of OS Yosemite

Apple seeds third public, eighth developer previews of OS Yosemite
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Sep 15, 2014, 02:45 PM

Apple has released a third public beta of OS X Yosemite, as well as an eighth developer preview. Both are available through the Mac App Store; for the former people must be participants in the AppleSeed program, and for the latter users must be registered developers. So far, any changes beyond bugfixes have yet to be discovered.

Relatively little time is left for Apple to continue coding Yosemite. The OS has been promised sometime this fall, and reports have typically pointed to an October launch. Based on past updates, the company could conceivably release one more public beta before Yosemite reaches gold master status.

Spudboy2004
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2014, 11:26 PM

Each new beta makes my poor old computer slower and slower. I hope GM is not the death of my machine.

Charles Martin
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2014, 02:23 AM

I've had exactly the opposite experience -- even the crashes are faster! -- but then I have 16GB RAM on this machine. Spudboy, if you have anything less than 8GB, I would say you're going to have a miserable experience with Yosemite.
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

mojkarma
Sep 16, 2014, 07:57 AM

@chas_m
I hope you are joking or at least you are talking about an ancient computer system. If 8Gb is a minimum to run an "empty" OS, than it is an incredibly bad one.

Forum Links
Forum Rules