Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Does apple do trade ins?

Does apple do trade ins?
dpgiffin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2004, 02:13 PM

I'm just curious to know if apple does trade ins on old hardware for newer ones?

If they do, I'd consider trading in my old pb 12" for the new model.

Thanks
- dpgiffin

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Feb 7, 2004, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by dpgiffin:
I'm just curious to know if apple does trade ins on old hardware for newer ones?

If they do, I'd consider trading in my old pb 12" for the new model.

Thanks
No. But a company in Oregon called Power Max does. I've used them for my past 3 trade-ins. They even gave me $ credit for having the original packaging.

http://www.powermax.com

Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2004, 05:00 PM

They currently have a powerbook trade in program, but it's for first and second gen Tis to 15 or 17". $700
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

wunderkind
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 7, 2004, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by daimoni:
No. But a company in Oregon called Power Max does. I've used them for my past 3 trade-ins. They even gave me $ credit for having the original packaging.

http://www.powermax.com
My experience with PowerMax was not the most pleasant. They have never fulfilled their promise of trade-in. After many weeks of asking them to give me details on how to send my system to them, I gave up and had to dispute their charge for a new computer with my credit card company.

If you do use PowerMax, you may want to send your old computer first to get a credit and only then buy a new one from them. I did another way around - and they never provided me with information I needed to send my old computer to them.

Also, their trade-in amounts are ridiculous. If you do not mind a trouble of doing it yourself, you'll be much better off selling it here or on eBay.
PB G4 12" 1.5GHz/1.2GB/100GB/SuperDrive/AE/Mac OS X Tiger

Forum Links
Forum Rules