Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > back again with another html question

back again with another html question
macfantn
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2007, 08:07 PM

when i load up the page in safari, and click on email us only the name appears in the body of the email? what am i doing wrong to have all the fields appear in the body of the email?

<form method="post" action="mailto:[email protected]">
<div align="left">
<font size="-1" face="Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif">Name</font><br>
<input type="text" size="75" name="name"> <br/>
<font size="-1" face="Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif">Address</font><br>
<input type="text" size="75" name="address"><br/>
<font size="-1" face="Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif">Phone Number</font><br>
<input type="text" size="75" name="phone number"><br/>
<font size="-1" face="Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif">Email</font><br>
<input type="text" size="75" name="email"><br/>
<font size="-1" face="Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif">Credentials</font><br>
<input type="text" size="75" name="credentials"><br/>
<font size="-1" face="Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif">How Did You Hear About Us?</font><br>
<input type="text" size="75" name="how did you hear about us?"><br/>
<font size="-1" face="Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif">Questions/Comments?</font><br>
<textarea name="questions/comments?" rows="8" cols="65"></textarea>
<p><input type="submit" value="Email Us"></p>
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

macfantn  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2007, 08:13 PM

it seems to work in firefox, but all the info shows up in one big line.

name=John+Doe&address=123+Main+st&phone+number=555 +1212&email=jd%40jd.com&credentials=none&how+did+y ou+hear+about+us%3F=google&questions%2Fcomments%3F =thanks+for+the+help

is there a way to have it appear on separate lines?
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 16, 2007, 08:18 PM

Use a PHP script or CGI. This isn't how mailto links are supposed to be used.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2007, 08:19 PM

hey, not to be a dick or anything, but, you know there is a developers forum here, right?

macfantn  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2007, 08:22 PM

actually i didn't know about a developers form, and i don't know anything about PHP or CGI, i tried a few things couldn't get them to work. anyone wanna help me write something simple, please,

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2007, 08:33 PM

If you log in to your web host's control panel, they should have a script you can use for free.

If they use plesk for example, there should be an icon that says "CGI Scripts" that you can click on.

macfantn  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2007, 08:43 PM

okay i think i figured it out

so do i have two pages one with the form, and a separate one with the php script?

Forum Links
Forum Rules