Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Wireless Kodak Picture Fram (ex811)

Wireless Kodak Picture Fram (ex811)
adamberti
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2007, 01:58 AM

I recently purchased a Kodak EasyShare EX811 picture frame. I bought the wireless model to really simplify things. The guy in the store sold it to me as working with my Mac, but the instructions all lead me to believe the wireless requires windows.

So - has anyone used one of these before and successfully gotten a Mac to deposit photos on it wirelessly? I'd offer some more info on if I could see it somehow on the network, but I can't even get it to connect to the network at the moment.

Does anyone have experience with one of these? Thanks.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jul 25, 2007, 07:43 AM

Kodak lists OS X (Tiger) as a supported OS. But I've never used one, so I can;t help you there....

KODAK EASYSHARE EX811 Digital Picture Frame Specifications

KODAK EX811 Digital Picture Frame Support

nandrews10
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 19, 2007, 07:42 AM

Please excuse this PM but I am a 'lonely' EX811 user and looking to share ideas and experiences with the product.

I find it quite useful after a bit of setting up.
The biggest issue I have is that it will only play video files in MPEG1 or 4. Since nearly all my (1000's) of files are in MPEG3 I have to convert each that I want to watch on the Frame!

The network sharing between PC's on my LAN works well after some trial and error. By contrast the access to the Kodak phot site was very easy.

I use the Frame for still only very little and mostly play MP3 audio or video on it.

How do you use yours?

Thanks

Nigel

Forum Links
Forum Rules