Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iCal or Google Calender?

iCal or Google Calender?
fongyuen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2006, 01:52 AM

just wondering which of the two people use. i just switched over to apple, i used to use a pda for all my calender stuff. but as i was transitioning out of my pda, i plopped all my appts into google calender temporarily. now that i have my mbp, i'm wondering if i should just stick with google calenders or use iCal instead. can anyone share about their preferences or pros and cons of each? i kinda want to use iCal just so that all my appts are integrated into my new computer, but iCal doesn't seem to want to import the .csv file i have, so is it worth the effort to switch over? thanks.

sieb
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 11, 2006, 03:57 AM

You can use both, sorta. I use Gcal for everything and subscribed to it from within iCal so all my Gcal stuff shows up. There is an app coming out soon that will allow two way syncing with iCal and Gcal.
Sieb
Blackbook
(2Ghz, 2GB, 100Gig, week 21)

houstonmacbro
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2006, 04:31 AM

now that would be cool! but i do tend to like gmail interface.

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 11, 2006, 01:47 PM

I couldn't live without iCal. I've never used Google Calendar, but there's a program currently in development that will sync iCal to Google Calendar.

fongyuen  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2006, 11:57 PM

nice, thanks for the suggestions, i'll take a look into it. i wasn't looking forward to manually entering in the entries. thanks again.

Mr Heliums
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2006, 04:29 AM

I was making a calendar in iPhoto the other day, and the ability to grab details off an iCal calendar came in very handy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules