Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > dragging songs out of iTunes

dragging songs out of iTunes
reemas
Senior User
Dec 20, 2005, 01:04 AM

i can't drag several songs out of itunes into a folder. if i select a small number or do so individually i can. but not if i select more than a certain amount.

is this another lame apple limitation, or am i doing something wrong?

Ganesha
Senior User
Dec 20, 2005, 05:13 AM

I can drag 100, but not 150.... so it looks like some built in limiter to prevent accidental mass copying.

Why do you need to drag so many files at once? There may be a better way of doing what you want.

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Dec 20, 2005, 05:50 AM

i wanted to transfer several of my files to my windows computer. and i also need to create folders with several files to burn an mp3 disc for my car. know anyways i can access the actual files all at once?

dragging would work, but seems like it is limited in functionality.

monkeybrain
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2005, 12:30 PM

I just copied over 180 files by dragging out of iTunes. Perhaps some of these songs you are trying to drag are protected? i.e. from iTunes store.

iTunes seems to let me copy hundreds more tunes too, although I didn't bother to watch the whole copy process and cancelled it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules