Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Paris Keynote

Paris Keynote
Mallrat
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 11, 2003, 11:41 PM

So can we watch the event on the apple site?

And since it's 10 am in paris, is that 4am here in NYC?

And have they realized major products during a paris show?

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 12, 2003, 12:03 AM

From what I understand, there will be no live stream of the keynote. I guess we just have to wake up the next day and be surprised. Kinda like Christmas. Maybe there will be a stream available later that day.

I'm not sure about other Paris Expos. I'm pretty sure things will be announced at this one. If Steve will be there, sparks will fly.

-brian

Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2003, 12:17 AM

Originally posted by aapljack:
From what I understand, there will be no live stream of the keynote. I guess we just have to wake up the next day and be surprised. Kinda like Christmas. Maybe there will be a stream available later that day.

I'm not sure about other Paris Expos. I'm pretty sure things will be announced at this one. If Steve will be there, sparks will fly.

-brian
or be mortally disappointed

yes, you heard right, mortally, as in the sort that can kill you

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2003, 12:19 AM

I think it's safe to say that sparks (or tomatoes) will fly if nothing significant is announced ... and I don't think a shipping date for Panther will cut it.

acadian
Senior User
Sep 12, 2003, 03:56 AM

Oh he'll announce something alright, something along these lines;

"no, no..you must have misheard me, I said "The REAR of the laptop...in that it doesn't have anymore ports..."
people ruin everything....

forcelite
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 12, 2003, 09:06 AM

heh Rear....Year

I get it

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2003, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by forcelite:
heh Rear....Year

I get it
Like a steel trap.

LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2003, 01:18 PM

What day is the keynote anyway. Im on east coast.
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display
iPod Mini Green | 35 gigs of music :-)
HP DV1040us Laptop | 1.6 Pentium M | 1GB RAM | Centrino

machem
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2003, 01:48 PM

Macbippy http://www.macbidouille.com/niouzcon...003-09-12#6604 has posted satellite coordinates.

Not that I know how to use them, of course.

Simon X
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2003, 01:49 PM

It is a bit disrespectful of Apple not to have a live stream of the keynote at any of the Expos outside the US. As an international company it should undertake an even handed approach as much as possible. A keynote would not break the bank, and as the main European Expo it should be afforded the same standards as the US ones.

And a pre-emptive to all those who spout the usual drivel: "Apple is a US company the don't owe you anything blah, blah, blah", and other similar diatribes. You're missing the point, go bite me.

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 12, 2003, 02:06 PM

LfGrdMike: The keynote is on Tuesday, Sept. 16

Simon X: I don't think it is disrespectful. They don't broadcast every event live. The WWDC keynote wasn't broadcast live. If Steve wasn't giving the keynote, would you even care if it was broadcast? Let's just hope there is a recorded stream available later that day.

-b

Simon X
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2003, 02:39 PM

LfGrdMike: The keynote is on Tuesday, Sept. 16

Simon X: I don't think it is disrespectful. They don't broadcast every event live. The WWDC keynote wasn't broadcast live. If Steve wasn't giving the keynote, would you even care if it was broadcast? Let's just hope there is a recorded stream available later that day.

-b
aapljack: I take your point, but my argument is that this is an Expo, and the main European Expo at that.

I'm sure they'll have a stream later in the day, they've done similar in the past. It's just by streaming live Apple expresses their presence in Europe more solidly I feel.

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 12, 2003, 02:55 PM

I understand your point as well. It is probably good that they are not doing the live stream because I would probably be up in the middle of the night watching it.

Mallrat  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 15, 2003, 12:56 PM

I understand your point as well. It is probably good that they are not doing the live stream because I would probably be up in the middle of the night watching it.
I want to watch it... so how long does it go... an hour and a half... so by 6am eastern standard time tomorrow, the website should be updated with changes.

Here's hoping for a new ibook enclosure... or a new ebook... some totally new.

I still think the best thing of the last big event was the release of Safari.... maybe they will release some cool new software...

I'm excited... but I hope it isn't disappointed... I mean the new 15 would be nice, but that is so expected that it is boring, u know.

I want a new thing so I can debeate whether to get it for months!

acadian
Senior User
Sep 15, 2003, 01:14 PM

go bite me
Munch.....

You have been bitten.....
people ruin everything....

Forum Links
Forum Rules