Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Time for a new topic...Muslim Terrorist Fame>US/Western Press Responsible

Time for a new topic...Muslim Terrorist Fame>US/Western Press Responsible
idjeff
Senior User
Dec 27, 2004, 07:21 AM

So I'm watching the news tonight...they give credit--by giving his name-- to a certain individual for the suicide bombing in Iraq this past week...

Call me crazy, but people LOVE to be famous, whether if it's in Hollywood or within the Muslim community...

The A**hole is dead for crying out loud...why would the media give ANY credit to this ass hat for what he did?

Puhhhlease...Press... for the love of GOD!!! Stop giving "FAME" to these frickin' A-holes!!!!

It's not like anyone in the West is saying..."wow, it's so surprising....I went to high school with this guy...he was in the yearbook club...I could've never seen him doing anything like this..."F" him.....he should DIE an unknown "martyr for his cause"!!!!

You gotta tame the beast before you let it out of its cage.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 27, 2004, 08:15 AM

There was a rather large discussion on this problem about ten years ago, when Neo-Nazi attacks here in Germany were on the rise.

For the media, there is a very real conflict between deeming such incidents "newsworthy", and encouraging bandwagon-jumpers.

As I remember, the dilemma was solved by no longer running attacks as headline news, but still including them in news overviews, thus dramatically reducing the publicity aspect.

Neo-Nazi attacks dropped off sharply.

eklipse
Professional Poster
Dec 27, 2004, 03:28 PM

Originally posted by idjeff:
So I'm watching the news tonight...they give credit--by giving his name-- to a certain individual for the suicide bombing in Iraq this past week...

Call me crazy, but people LOVE to be famous, whether if it's in Hollywood or within the Muslim community...

The A**hole is dead for crying out loud...why would the media give ANY credit to this ass hat for what he did?

Puhhhlease...Press... for the love of GOD!!! Stop giving "FAME" to these frickin' A-holes!!!!

It's not like anyone in the West is saying..."wow, it's so surprising....I went to high school with this guy...he was in the yearbook club...I could've never seen him doing anything like this..."F" him.....he should DIE an unknown "martyr for his cause"!!!!
Yes, heaven forbid the media actually include detail in their reporting.

Perhaps they should just run the headline: "Frickin' A-Hole Terrorist Blows Sh*t Up in Arabialand" and be done with it.

idjeff  (op)
Senior User
Dec 27, 2004, 11:09 PM

Originally posted by eklipse:
Perhaps they should just run the headline: "Frickin' A-Hole Terrorist Blows Sh*t Up in Arabialand" and be done with it.
Perhaps they should

You gotta tame the beast before you let it out of its cage.

Forum Links
Forum Rules