Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Printing to HP 7110 via Airport Extreme

Printing to HP 7110 via Airport Extreme
groovn72
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 5, 2005, 04:48 PM

I am able to connect to the printer using gimp and another 3rd party application. My problem is setting up the printer with the appropriate driver.

When I'm in the Printer Setup Utility and I attempt to add a new printer I cannot seem to either find the appropriate .plst file (the driver) for my printer even though I have installed the drivers (twice actually). It's just not there in the the scrollable menu. I navigated to the library and searched around the HP folder and it wasn't there either. However there were similar models (the HP 6110, for example). Finally, I did a search for .plst files and I still couldn't find it. Any ideas where the driver for the 7110 might be?

I am able to print via USB but I would really rather print wirelessly.

Thanks,

Barry

groovn72  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 5, 2005, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by groovn72:
I am able to connect to the printer using gimp and another 3rd party application. My problem is setting up the printer with the appropriate driver.
I re-installed the HP drivers and added some software called "hpijs" and it did the trick. I'm really happy about this! It works perfectly - I printed out a fairly complex graphic file and it looks just fine.

Barry

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 7, 2005, 03:10 PM

I did a search and found out that HPIJS is an open source component for OS X, distributed by HP. According to the description, it utilizes the OEM driver to make more connection types available. So it seems like it was exactly what you needed. That's cool - congratulations on solving your own problem. . .

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Forum Links
Forum Rules