Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Invisible Pushing Twin: The Muslim Complaint?

The Invisible Pushing Twin: The Muslim Complaint?
mojo2
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2005, 05:30 PM

Imagine yourself having an invisible twin. This twin stands behind you and constantly pushes you. You love your twin because he is just like you. But he constantly gets you in trouble.

In crowded subways he pushes you into little children and old ladies. Your co-workers know not to get in crowded elevators with you because people start fights with you when you push them. But it's not really YOU doing the pushing. It's your invisible twin that stands behind you.

No one seems to understand that and you feel very beleaguered because they always blame YOU and not your invisible twin.

It has gotten to the point where people see you and they immediately become hostile toward you and sometimes they try to do you physical harm.

You ask innocently, "WHAT DID I DO???"

Well, the other day your invisible twin pushed you and you pushed a whole family off of a Metro platform and into the path of a speeding train. And all five members of the family were killed.

You felt sorry for them all, but it wasn't YOUR fault!

Poor you. Poor, poor, you.

mojo2©
( Last edited by mojo2; Nov 1, 2005 at 05:38 PM. Reason: To add a more attention getting title)
Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2005, 06:03 PM

Cool, an allegory. I like it. I have no idea what it means, but I like it.

segovius
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2005, 06:37 PM

Imagine that you never had a twin at all but when a crime is committed the police come round your house and say that you did it - there are reports of someone looking exactly like you smashing an old lady over the head with an iron bar.

"But", you say, "I was at the Annual Policeman's Benefit Ball as a guest of the Chief Constable and he can vouch for me, I was there all night".

"Well then, we can't be looking for you sonny, we must be looking for your twin brother. Where is he?"

"But I don't have one."

"Don't give me that crap you ****ing * *** 8** *8 @#4%$# scum - take that - and that" and.... bang......

In other news tonight a dangerous scumbag who is from somewhere else and not like us in any way, shape or form was shot dead by brave selfless heroes as he attempted to kill your sweet old grandma.

Please commence quaking with fear and dwell on this subject until you beg us to protect you and on no account attempt to use what little independent thinking capacity you may have left. It is very dangerous - do not, repeat do not, attempt to use brain.....
[FONT=Verdana]blog[/FONT]

Rolling Bones
Banned
Nov 1, 2005, 07:02 PM

WTF is this thread about?

Dork.
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2005, 07:15 PM

The point to this thread has got to be here somewhere....

Dork.
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2005, 07:18 PM

Oh, it's the "muslim complaint", I see. Well then, if my invisible twin were killing people and I was blamed for it, don't you think I'd try to catch the little twit and have him committed? Not just throw up mt hands and say "It's all his fault, I had nothing to do with it! He's not my real twin brother anyway, I disowned him years ago!"

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2005, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by mojo2
Imagine yourself having an invisible twin. This twin stands behind you and constantly pushes you. You love your twin because he is just like you. But he constantly gets you in trouble.

In crowded subways he pushes you into little children and old ladies. Your co-workers know not to get in crowded elevators with you because people start fights with you when you push them. But it's not really YOU doing the pushing. It's your invisible twin that stands behind you.

No one seems to understand that and you feel very beleaguered because they always blame YOU and not your invisible twin.

It has gotten to the point where people see you and they immediately become hostile toward you and sometimes they try to do you physical harm.

You ask innocently, "WHAT DID I DO???"

Well, the other day your invisible twin pushed you and you pushed a whole family off of a Metro platform and into the path of a speeding train. And all five members of the family were killed.

You felt sorry for them all, but it wasn't YOUR fault!

Poor you. Poor, poor, you.

mojo2©
Oh man!

This is just like the U.S. going in Iraq.

I almost cried at "poor poor you".

For crying out loud...

Damn you. That bedtime story *with a heart* will have me soak my pillow. Curse you!

PS: Do we have to pay you anything for the copyright of that quote of yours?
"Criticism is a misconception: we must read not to understand others but to understand ourselves.”

Emile M. Cioran

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2005, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rolling Bones
WTF is this thread about?
It's about mojo2's splashdown.

And wet pillows.
"Criticism is a misconception: we must read not to understand others but to understand ourselves.”

Emile M. Cioran

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2005, 11:18 PM

if he's already invisible, why does he need to be my twin too?

-r.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2005, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pendergast
Oh man!

This is just like the U.S. going in Iraq.

I almost cried at "poor poor you".

For crying out loud...

Damn you. That bedtime story *with a heart* will have me soak my pillow. Curse you!

PS: Do we have to pay you anything for the copyright of that quote of yours?
No, I figure you non-radical Muslims pay enough by having a small number of your brothers make things so bad for us non-Muslims that the name Muslim is regarded by us as something to fear. No wonder you are made to suffer so!

I hope you can figure out how you are going to stop this terrible discrimination, oppression and hatred you are suffering from.

It's in your power to stop it. Not ours.

The only way WE know to stop it is the same way doctors deal with cancer. There are other nations in the world who aren't Muslim that we would have fought just as hard, or HARDER to keep the oil flowing out of the Middle East.

That was what was behind the Carter Doctrine. We warned the Soviet Union to back off and they did.

OBL wouldn't and won't back off. So we stay until the oil flow is assured by the Iraqi military and the new democratic Iraqi government.

Dream of a free and peaceful Iraq.
Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2005, 12:01 AM

OBL wouldn't and won't back off.
Then why aren't we fighting him instead of Iraq?

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2005, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by rjenkinson
if he's already invisible, why does he need to be my twin too?

-r.
Because you are brothers in the Muslim religion and though he ISN'T you he very well COULD be you. Your bond is as strong as blood.

At any time, hypothetically, you and he could switch places. You might be pushing and he would be the innocent victim who must suffer for YOUR deeds. He can't be "JUST" your friend or "JUST" your brother, he must be your twin.

Twins can tell each other apart, but the common or casual observer can not.

The statement here is that no one knew, for example, that the 19 hijackers who lived among us, were killers.

There may be jihadists among us this very moment who have orders to kill us in some devious act of teror. And we are unable to know who they are because they look, act and talk as though they're just average guys who happen to be Muslim.

Until they execute their plan.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Nov 2, 2005, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton
Because, finding OBL is hard ... finding Iraq was easy

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2005, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak
Because, finding OBL is hard ... finding Iraq was easy
Well, if you're so smart maybe you can help some of our other posters figure out exactly why it is that some Muslims are so aggressive and want to kill so much.

Once you've got that figured out the next step is to have the moderate Muslims do something to stop their suffering from the misdeeds of a relative few rotten apples.

Then once we had no fear of those rotten apples taking over Iraq, hell, we'd leave in no time.

Ok. I've done the hard part.

Your turn.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2005, 01:12 AM

Well, if you're so smart maybe you can help some of our other posters figure out exactly why it is that some Muslims are so aggressive and want to kill so much.
The same reasons some members of any group on earth are aggressive and want to kill so much. Come to think of it, that very description fits you quite well, my friend!

Racism is not the hard part.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 5, 2005, 05:40 PM

More recently, the Middle East Media Research Institute tells us, Ahmad Dewidar, the prominent imam of the Islamic Center in New York and a lecturer at Manhattan University, referred in an interview to mosque-talk of how the White House -- "through the domination of Islam and its ideas" -- would become the "Muslim House."
http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/200...2128-9590r.htm

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2005, 05:52 PM

Once you've got that figured out the next step is to have the moderate Muslims do something to stop their suffering from the misdeeds of a relative few rotten apples.

Then once we had no fear of those rotten apples taking over Iraq, hell, we'd leave in no time.

Your turn.
How many American civilians have been killed by Arab terrorists? How many Arab civilians have been killed incidentally by the American response? Now, who's the more aggressive group of people that wants to kill so much?
( Last edited by Wiskedjak; Nov 5, 2005 at 05:58 PM. )

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2005, 06:02 PM

next step is to have the moderate Muslims do something to stop their suffering from the misdeeds of a relative few rotten apples.
Hi Mojo, how's your Saturday goin?

Hey I was wondering, do you think when the moderate Muslims bring up the topic of doing something to stop their suffering from the misdeeds of the rotten apples, they are told by the rotten apples No dissent until the war is won, you brat? Just wondering what you think of that...do you think the Rotten Apples of Islam are right or do you think the Moderate Muslims are?

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2005, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton
OBL wouldn't and won't back off.
Oh yeah, mojo2, still waiting for a response on this one.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2005, 06:19 PM

Ring ring ring goes the telephone. The lights are on, but there's no one home. Tick tick tock, it's quarter to two and I'm done, I'm hanging up on you. Every little thing that you say or do;
I'm hung up, I'm hung up on you.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 5, 2005, 06:45 PM

How many American civilians have been killed by Arab terrorists? How many Arab civilians have been killed incidentally by the American response? Now, who's the more aggressive group of people that wants to kill so much?
Wrong answer Wiskedjak. It's more like this, highlighted in bold.

Fun-loving, peacenik Muslims aside, the Koran is indisputably the favorite book of Osama bin Laden, Abu Musab Zarqawi, the killers of Daniel Pearl, Hamas bus bombers, London Underground bombers and anyone who has ever hidden an IED on an Iraqi road to kill or maim an American soldier -- none of which is the best recommendation for White House honors.

But maybe the president meant he would now be reading the Koran. He could start with Chapter 5, Verse 32, which he's taken to quoting as, well, chapter-and-verse evidence of Islam's aversion to bloodshed -- always skipping the fatal exception. Mr. Bush will say: Killing an innocent human is like killing all of humanity, and then leave it at that. My translation of the Koran says: "... whosoever kills a human being, except [as punishment] for murder or for spreading corruption in the land, it shall be like killing all humanity." Easy guess that among Mr. Bush's Ramadan guests were a few who consider Americans guilty of murder, Israelis innocent of nothing, and both, as non-Muslims, complicit in "spreading corruption in the land" -- and thus deserving death, dismemberment and banishment as outlined in Chapter 5, Verse 33.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2005, 06:51 PM

Wrong answer Wiskedjak. It's more like this, highlighted in bold.

"... whosoever kills a human being, except [as punishment] for murder or for spreading corruption in the land, it shall be like killing all humanity."

But, accidentally killing innocent human beings while you're trying to kill someone else as punishment is ok?

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 5, 2005, 08:32 PM

But, accidentally killing innocent human beings while you're trying to kill someone else as punishment is ok?
Something's wrong with your logic. There is no other way devised by man to get rid of the devoted followers who believe that the Koran is ordering them to murder. So, you do what tyou have to.

When the dust settles and the US is no longer at war and the killing has stopped, and we are content to go back to everyone playing nice, making money and pursuing happiness and liberty and worshipping as they want, some faithful Muslims will rise up and start following the words of the Koran to murder.

So, once again, Wiskedjak, your answer for that problem is...???

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2005, 10:23 PM

Something's wrong with your logic. There is no other way devised by man to get rid of the devoted followers who believe that the Koran is ordering them to murder. So, you do what tyou have to.

When the dust settles and the US is no longer at war and the killing has stopped, and we are content to go back to everyone playing nice, making money and pursuing happiness and liberty and worshipping as they want, some faithful Muslims will rise up and start following the words of the Koran to murder.
Sounds to me like you're advocating the elimination of all followers of the words of the Koran, or you're saying it's ok to kill innocent civilians if they happen to get in the way of your killing of those who believe that the Koran is ordering them to murder.

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2005, 10:44 PM

No, I figure you non-radical Muslims pay enough by having a small number of your brothers make things so bad for us non-Muslims that the name Muslim is regarded by us as something to fear. No wonder you are made to suffer so!

I hope you can figure out how you are going to stop this terrible discrimination, oppression and hatred you are suffering from.

It's in your power to stop it. Not ours.

The only way WE know to stop it is the same way doctors deal with cancer. There are other nations in the world who aren't Muslim that we would have fought just as hard, or HARDER to keep the oil flowing out of the Middle East.

That was what was behind the Carter Doctrine. We warned the Soviet Union to back off and they did.

OBL wouldn't and won't back off. So we stay until the oil flow is assured by the Iraqi military and the new democratic Iraqi government.

Dream of a free and peaceful Iraq.
ROFL!

And what makes you think I am Muslim?

You assume so much, and yet, you feel so certain of yourself... Woaw!

Emile M. Cioran

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Nov 9, 2005, 11:33 AM

and again ... mojo runs away from a topic ...

Forum Links
Forum Rules