Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > NSTabViewItem index programatically

NSTabViewItem index programatically
arcticmac
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 22, 2006, 12:42 AM

I have an NSTabView set up in my app with a bunch of tabs, and each tab contains a particular custom subview I've done. The issue is, I want my custom subviews to be able to tell which tab they reside in - that is, they need to be able to find out the index of their NSTabViewItem. I'm trying to find a good way to do this programatically, without adding an instance variable to link to either the NSTabView or the NSTabViewItem, but the problem seems to come in getting from the view associated with the NSTabViewItem to the NSTabViewItem itself - if it's the active tab, i can go up to the NSTabView, and then get the selected NSTabViewItem, but if the tab isn't active, then I'm having difficulty. Any ideas?

Forum Links
Forum Rules