Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Screen adaptor switching on June 2004 PowerMac G5

Screen adaptor switching on June 2004 PowerMac G5
HamSandwich
Nov 8, 2006, 08:05 AM

Hello,

a friend of mine has a problem with a PowerMac G5 2x2,5 GHz, a June 2004 model with a ATi Radeon 9600 with 128 MB.

He has bought two pretty old but good LG Flatron screens on the net which can only connect via VGA, but the graphics card has only DVI and ADC. So he has tried various VGA-DVI adaptors, always with the same effect:
If the screens are connected, the power button on the Mac doesn't work. If the screens are disconnected, the power button does work. If the screens are disconnected and he plugs in the adaptor which is connected to the screen, the Mac switches on and works perfectly.

Any idea? We tried other adaptors and I tried the same screens and adaptors with my PowerBook, but with the same effect.

Help would be appreciated,

Greetings,
Steve

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 8, 2006, 09:15 AM

Don't cross post.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules