Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Windows Gaming on a MB Pro Core 2 Duo

Windows Gaming on a MB Pro Core 2 Duo
greene_hornette
Baninated
Jul 11, 2007, 07:10 PM

If i buy a new Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo, will win xp pro running via bootcamp allow me to play Quake 3, Deus Ex 2,
and Halflife 2 ? (I would be using an external keyboard and monitor)

I have been playing the same games for several years: Quake, Quake 2, Halflife 1, and Deux Ex 1 - My windows box is a Gateway 800 GHz Pentium 3 and will not support the newer versions of these games, - the cheapest gaming machine i can find that supports the newer games will cost me about $700 - money i do NOT want to spend on a windows pc!

NobleMatt
formerly crazyreaper
Senior User
Jul 11, 2007, 07:13 PM

yer shouldnt be a prob

i have a friend who runs alot of big titles on his MBP via bootcamp, Battlefield 2 ect works fine
if u want really good performance then upgrade a few things like RAM and VRAM

Matt

P
Jul 12, 2007, 06:57 AM

Except for the fact that Deus Ex 2 was never made (You're thinking of Deus Ex: Invisible War, which is essentially a console port that sucks ass. Deus Ex 2 was a different game that was canceled when the Invisible War didn't sell) all those games should play very well. In fact, any current game should run, the only issue is possible future game compability that is an unknown at this point.

NoBadBreaks9
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2007, 05:04 AM

i need an intel mac for CS soooo bad

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2007, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by P View Post
Except for the fact that Deus Ex 2 was never made (You're thinking of Deus Ex: Invisible War, which is essentially a console port that sucks ass. Deus Ex 2 was a different game that was canceled when the Invisible War didn't sell) all those games should play very well. In fact, any current game should run, the only issue is possible future game compability that is an unknown at this point.
Huh? Deus Ex Invisible War is certainly Deus Ex 2. True, it wasn't as good as the first. But it finished the storyline of DX1.

In fact, just to further prove the point, Deus Ex 3 was announced last month:
Deus Ex 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

P
Jul 22, 2007, 05:59 AM

Technically, he just said "another Deus Ex game", not Deus Ex 3. We'll see what they call it, but there was a Deus Ex game on the drawing board at one point that was called Deus Ex 2. That was why Invisible War did not have a numeral - in fact, the logo had "Invisible War" in large print and "Deus Ex" in tiny print on top, implying that it was more of a spin-off than a sequel.

My guess is that they will avoid an order number completely this time, in any case, to avoid confusion.

Forum Links
Forum Rules