Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Looking for sponsors and partners for my Mac/Dev Help site.

Looking for sponsors and partners for my Mac/Dev Help site.
nickclarson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2007, 07:33 PM

My name is Nick Larson and i'm own new site http://www.nicklarson.com where I answer people's questions on pretty much anything mac/web related and basically help people out!

I am very experienced when it comes to mac and web dev. I have been designing and developing websites for almost 7 years now (being 20 years old). I also know almost everything there is to know about mac and am always excited to help people out with their problems.

I am enthusiastic down to Earth guy looking for other sites/companies who would like to partner with or sponsor me. I am pretty open to anything, whether it be solely a link exchange, or a full fledged sponsorship.

If I like you , I can offer huge recognition on my site through things like postings/videos/live feeds/advertisements. As my site grows, I feel that you will truly benefit from something like this!

So if you are interested I can be reached at http://www.nicklarson.com or by email at [email protected]

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 3, 2007, 08:29 AM

Your website is so, so, so slow. You might want some better hosting if you want to gain credibility...
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

nickclarson  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2007, 10:00 AM

yea i'm working on it thanks though...

it's the mysql btw, not the site itself. I talked to my host, and it looks like i'm moving out to someone else.

edit: Just checked it out and everything should be back to normal! Mysql is fixed! At least it works for me now and the other couple comps I tried it on. However I still think I'm switching hosts anyway. Time to move up a notch.
( Last edited by nickclarson; Oct 3, 2007 at 10:07 AM. )

StrongBad
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2007, 02:41 PM

FYI, your AJAX / PHP drag and drop demo doesn't work:

http://www.nicklarson.com/2007/09/pa...emos/dragdrop/

404'd

mad cow disease
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 3, 2007, 04:27 PM

My two cents.

Any kind of sponsor is going to want to see a return on any money they invest in advertising on your site. For that you need traffic, and for traffic you need content, forums, a compelling reason for people to visit your site. Content that keeps on changing. It takes a lot of work. A simple developer's Q&A may not be sufficient to attract any great number of viewers...especially because there are a ton of resources out there to support developers - Ars, Anandech, Sharky, blah blah blah etc. And, of course, there is always Google. Moreover, answering a single person's question is very unlikely to attract people, because odds are the only person interested in what that particular person has asked is that same person.

You might just try Google Adwords if you are trying to cover hosting costs. Just my two cents. Good luck!

Forum Links
Forum Rules