Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.5.2 - dock and combo updater issue

10.5.2 - dock and combo updater issue
Renshawboy
Mar 27, 2008, 10:07 PM

Good evening all.... I've got a couple issues I'm hoping someone has an answer to. Recently I experienced a "glitch" with the stacks part of my dock. I have the stacks set to display as grids, and I *magically* lost the black translucent background to the grid. I turned the computer on today and the background was no longer there. The background is now just transparent (basically there is background to the stacks display in grid format).

The second issue I'm having is that I no longer have the option to display the stacks in icon or stacks format, which was a feature that came with the 10.5.2 format.

So, to remedy the "issues", I re-downloaded the 10.5.2 combo updater hoping a re-install would solve the problem; however, when I try to install that, I get as far as the Select Destination screen, where I get the red exclamation points and the message saying "You Cannot Install Mac OS X Update Combined on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update". I have verified and repaired disk permissions, not sure what my other options are, and google didn't provide much help. Anyone have any ideas?

Matt

Forum Links
Forum Rules