Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Mirror MacBook screen on HP pl5060n monitor?

Mirror MacBook screen on HP pl5060n monitor?
mikejaz2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2009, 12:39 AM

Anyone got any ideas? I have a MacBook (2.13 ghz Intel, OS 10.5.7, 4 gig ram), and so far have been unable to mirror the display (via a DVI to VGA adaptor) to the PC input on my HP PL5060N plasma TV.

We follow the Apple on screen instructions to the letter (at least as well as you can follow vague instructions like "With mirror displays turned off, set both displays to the same resolution"....would LOVE to, but with mirror displays turned off, the display syspref doesn't see the TV. It's only AFTER mirror displays is selected that it recognizes the TV...) We've rippled through every resolution setting...but all we see on the television is "unknown input".

My temptation here is to make a crack about how easy it would be to hook up an HP laptop ...but instead, I ask...does anyone have any idears?
--Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules