Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Can not turn of iCloud bookmark sync ???

Can not turn of iCloud bookmark sync ???
miacomet
Forum Regular
Jan 11, 2012, 01:46 PM

Hi I am trying to turn off iCloud bookmark sync... and I think I know how to do it... but on my iPhone 4s it will not turn off...
I went into iCloud preferences and turned of iCloud bookmark sync on my iPad, and I turned it off on my iMac...

But when I go to turn it off on my iPhone 4s, and I check the "delete bookmarks" option, then I get a spinning wheel that says "Turning off bookmarks". This spinning wheel goes on forever and ever until after a long while I notice that it has stopped, but even then iCloud bookmark sync remains turned on in my iCloud preferences...

(I should note that I also went as far as to "restore" my iPhone hoping that then I could turn it off, but that did not work either...)

I just want to turn it off and do bookmark sync through iTunes syncing with my computer, since iCloud bookmark sync seems to be still quite buggy (and it doesn't really do a good job of syncing my bookmarks across devies anyway).

miacomet  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 11, 2012, 09:18 PM

I fixed it myself.

I turned off iCloud syncing without deleting my bookmarks, and then manually deleted the bookmarks myself on the iPhone. And then synced it with my iMac's bookmarks..

Forum Links
Forum Rules