Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhoto and iPad 3 image quality

iPhoto and iPad 3 image quality
mindwaves
Mar 23, 2012, 12:09 AM

I'm using iPhoto 8 from 2009 and I have a new iPad 3.

If I transfer photos from my iPhoto to my iPad using iTunes, am I getting a high enough quality photo so that I can view the quality using the retina display? Somehow the photos that have been transferred are not that high quality enough for display on the retina display. Which way is best to preserve quality on the iPad?
( Last edited by mindwaves; Mar 23, 2012 at 02:41 AM. )

gmsquires
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2012, 11:58 AM

There has been a lengthy discussion on John Gruber's blog Daring Fireball on this issue and linked to by him about this issue. It seems that there is a pixel limitation involved with web posting of these imanges. Another blogger, Duncan Davidson, An Example of Photography on the Retina Display - Duncan Davidson, found through some digging that if you save your jpgs as "progressive jpgs" that resolves the issue and the images will be viewed at their best resolution for the particular display, including the new Retina Display on the iPad.

Forum Links
Forum Rules