Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Weird, Christmas Family Discussions

Weird, Christmas Family Discussions
subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 25, 2014, 08:51 PM

Just found out my parents had joint custody over me.

Had always thought my dad had sole custody. That was certainly the way it appeared. It was unusual because it was during a time the legal system would default to the mother. I think the details may have been kept from me so I wouldn't hold the lack of custody my mother ultimately took against her.

To be clear, not a bad thing, my dad had two degrees and a job, my mother had neither, and is a psychotic bully, it's just very... weird to have what you thought was reality jump to another track.

Doc HM
Professional Poster
Dec 26, 2014, 06:10 AM

Things I learnt about my family over various Christmasses.

My dad was my mums second husband. Her first (an RAF pilot) died of cancer soon after they were married. - learnt thanks to tipsy grandmother.

My dad had a marrage annulled before he met my mum. Details unknown. - learnt courtesy of my sister who assumed for years we all new.

My dads name is John not Gordon. - learnt courtesy f my sister in law. Can't remember how she knew.

My dad (an atheist) used to be a Methodist lay preacher. - I knew this my brother and sister did not.

Merry Christmas.
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Dec 26, 2014, 08:21 AM

Merry Christmas!

Those are all "good" ones. I don't really have any because I ejected from "family" Christmas in my early 20's. My dad and I do Chinese instead.

This only came up because I mentioned the doorstopper Christmas text she sent full of death, illness, guilt and passive aggression.

I should note after publicly trashing my mom like this, I don't really hold her behavior against her. She has her reasons for acting all ****ed up. OTOH, it's a constant reminder I need to stay well away.

Forum Links
Forum Rules