Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Can't adjust copy bounding box in Safari

Can't adjust copy bounding box in Safari
Thorzdad
Apr 12, 2015, 04:36 PM

Whenever I select text in Safari, I press on the block of copy and it is highlighted by the familiar blue bounding box. As I understand it, I'm supposed to be able to use the handle dots on the edges of the box to re-size the box to cover the text I want to copy. Problem is, that doesn't work.

When I try to adjust the box, the handles always snap back to their original positions. Then the box starts blinking like there's some kind of display problem. Then, Safari starts scrolling the page, and it can't be stopped. Even quitting Safari and reopening it doesn't stop the scrolling. The only fix is to tap the page selection button in the upper right and delete the scrolling page.

So...how does one adjust the copy text bounding box if trying to do so makes Safari spazzing out like that?

P
Apr 12, 2015, 05:14 PM

IME, that feature is terribly broken right now, although your experience sounds even worse than mine. Do you have 8.3 installed? Because it seems to be a good one, fixing a lot of little issues.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Thorzdad  (op)
Apr 12, 2015, 05:30 PM

Yes, it's 8.3.

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 14, 2015, 08:11 AM

On some pages, both Safari and Chrome want to default to selecting a frame rather than the text inside. Trying to select just the text is frustrating and (with my big, fat fingers) painfully slow. This has been my experience since at least 8.0, and I think it's not the browser so much as the structure of the displayed information.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

sdp4462
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 15, 2015, 03:45 AM

I have a problem with Safari, too, it hasn't read RSS feeds starting with version 6. Blurgh.

Forum Links
Forum Rules