Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Big problems when playing Unreal T.

Big problems when playing Unreal T.
Ivan
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 16, 2001, 01:07 PM

It is getting really bad. every time I start the game up and wait forever to ping all server, find my favorite server and get in and play, it completely shuts down when the game is over and say error of type 2 or type 3, every time the game is over.(at least it waits til the game is*over*.) What is going on? This is getting really frustrating as it takes the game a long time to start up and usually after it shuts down, I don't want to try and start it all back up again.
My system specs are.
iMac DV 400
10 gig. HD
256 meg RAM

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 17, 2001, 04:01 PM

First, I'd recommend adding your favourite server or servers to the Favourites Server List, this will allow you pick it in a few seconds - you do this by right-clicking on the server and selecting add to favoourites from the contextual menu. The server will then appear in your favourites list - which appears alot quicker and you don't have to wait for a few thousand servers to come up.

Second, how much memory have you allocated to the game? Do you have virtual memory off or on? I assume you are using MacOS 9.x and version 436 of Unreal Tournament?
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

xyber233
Mac Elite
Dec 17, 2001, 09:49 PM

Have you tried reinstalling it?

GK
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 17, 2001, 10:29 PM

try a clean reinstall.
Also, up the memory. It's relly extremely cheap at the moment.
(www,ramseeker.com)

Forum Links
Forum Rules