Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PowerBook messed up, need a new MBP shipped internationally

PowerBook messed up, need a new MBP shipped internationally
Yonas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2007, 03:54 AM

Hi MacNN

I'm currently on a trip to India and have developed serious problems with my old PowerBook. I have business meetings coming up and am in need to replace my PowerBook with a new notebook. Unfortunately all the Apple resellers in Mumbai are awaiting delivery of new MacBook Pros and are unable to tell me when they will be in stock. Also the Apple Store doesn't have an Asian section.

Can someone please direct me to an Apple reseller that ships internationally to India, how much it costs and how quickly delivery can take.

Thanks for help.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Aug 31, 2007, 05:33 AM

Can a friend or colleague pick one up at a local store and FedEx/DHL it overnight? I think that will attract less 'attention' from customs.

Yonas  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2007, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by mduell View Post
Can a friend or colleague pick one up at a local store and FedEx/DHL it overnight? I think that will attract less 'attention' from customs.
US or Indian customs? I'm not a national of either so do I have to pay taxes if a US Apple reseller delivers to India? Which country will charge?

I think the customs shouldn't really hurt anyway. What's important is finding a reseller that can deliver in about three business days.
( Last edited by Yonas; Aug 31, 2007 at 06:13 AM. )

Yonas  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2007, 01:31 PM

I managed to find one Apple reseller who might, just might, have one 2.2Ghz model coming in and failing that might have a 2.33Ghz display model which he will try to discount. Should I get the 2.2Ghz model for full price or go for the 2.33Ghz model if I can get it cheaper?

bballe336
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2007, 09:35 PM

Use apple's Japan store, it's on the website, they should be able to ship to you.
( Last edited by bballe336; Sep 1, 2007 at 11:21 AM. )

Yonas  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2007, 03:33 AM

Doesn't work. Singapore and Japan are country locked. I couldn't read the Japanese store because it is in kanji but I can see there was no US Keyboard option.

Yonas  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2007, 01:20 PM

I managed to find a reseller who had a 15" 2.16Ghz model lying around and haggled the price down to a reasonable £900 UK. Not bad I guess. I ran some hardware tests to make sure everything works and it scores 2750 in Geekbench.

Forum Links
Forum Rules