Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > can one select the scratch disc for iMovie? How?

can one select the scratch disc for iMovie? How?
MoontaMacman
Forum Regular
Jun 2, 2001, 04:00 AM

As above - I tried to partition my 60Gb Hard drive to separate work from play etc. but when I tried to use iMovie it wants the free space to be on the Startup drive - in my case this was only a 1Gb segment dedicated to OS 9.1 - big problem for video editing!!

Has anyone found where or if one can select the scratch or work area for iMovie. iTunes etc? I even had a problem with Appleworks trying to save a 205Mb database onto my 30Gb clear segment only to get a "Disk full" error message - rectified by tossing stuff off my 1Gb start up disc -what is it with OS9.1? Doesn't it like one to partition the hard drive? Got me puzzled.
And while I am on a roll - that 205 Mb Appleworks file takes over 8 minutes to save - what a pain -any ideas on any of these items appreciated
Ron Co
[email protected] if you can help or via here if you are shy :-)

------------------
http://www.yp-connect.net/~macman/
http://home.iprimus.com.au/alenka_ron

tomatohead
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2001, 09:07 AM

Try deleting (or perhaps editing) the prefs for these applications from the system folder. iMovie should simply use the space in the media folder except for previewing.

Also check apple's support site.

Forum Links
Forum Rules