Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anyone Else See the Apple Category on Tonight's Jeopardy?

Anyone Else See the Apple Category on Tonight's Jeopardy?
Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2005, 11:43 PM

Did anyone else see the Apple category on tonight's Jeopardy? It was the last category of the first round, entitled "Apple of My Eye." The first answer wanted the feline name of Apple's 2005 Mac operating system release. The $200 clue was looking for the type of computer Apple iBooks and PowerBooks are. The others asked for the name of Apple's CEO who makes $1 a year in salary - that was one of two correctly answered clues in the category, and even then the contestant called mispronounced "Jobs." The last two clues were about Airport and Quicktime. Interestingly, there were no iPod references. The contestants only tried the first two clues in the category and then cleared the board before going back to the last three. I was quite surprised to see the category and had to smirk as their poor performance. If only I had been on the show instead, I'm pretty sure I would have won that night.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Sage
Mac Elite
Dec 15, 2005, 12:40 AM

I saw it too. Yes, the contestants did pretty poorly in that category – I especially liked “Who is Jobes?” and “What is Shuttle?”. Not impressive.

I think there were no iPod references, because they’ve done like two iPod-ish categories in the past couple months, and any Apple question having the words “music player” in it would be too easy.

Sage
Mac Elite
Dec 15, 2005, 12:41 AM

[edit]: Double post. Database burp.

3andahalfeyed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2005, 05:01 AM

Darn it. I haven't watched the show in awhile. Not a good time to miss this one. I usually imagine myself being on the show as it features an Apple-realated category.

At least all 5 clues were read, because one pet peeve of mine for Jeopardy is when time expires with clues left.

I remember a couple of Apple-related clues a couple years back that were in Final Jeopardy:

Clue 1: In 2003, Dell made this PC part an option. Apple removed them entirely from their Macintosh Computers, 5 years earlier.

Clue 2: This special photo effect in Apple's iMovie software, is named after this famed documentary director.

I don't remember how it went because I didn't see that one, rather I was told about it.

I'm sure most of y'all would know both clues.

Cubeoid
Baninated
Dec 15, 2005, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sage
[edit]: Double Jeopardy. Database burp.
fixed

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2005, 05:37 AM

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Forum Links
Forum Rules