Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > need help with iPhone and get get documentation

need help with iPhone and get get documentation
witash
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 15, 2008, 12:14 PM

I am trying to write a simple program on the iphone for my company to use.However, my boss hasnt gotten around to getting a registered developer password yet,so I have no access to the documentation for the SDK. I can write regular Cocoa/Objective-C programs for the Mac, but I have no idea how to use cocoa TOUCH or compile programs for the iPhone. I should get a developer password next week, but it would be really good if i could get at least aHello World app working in the meantime.

So in summary, my question is: Using the iPhone SDK,how do i compile and run a simple Cocoa Touch application?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 15, 2008, 03:17 PM

You download the free SDK and use the IDE contained therein, I would imagine.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

witash  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 15, 2008, 04:08 PM

ok,well i did download the SDK, and after doing a little more research, i know what the problem is. In Xcode,there should be some Cocoa Touch templates, but there arent. Everything is for Mac OS X.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 15, 2008, 08:36 PM

I don't develop for the iPhone, but for some reason I thought the SDK came with its own set of developer tools.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Forum Links
Forum Rules