Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > What do you use as the system font in 10.3 and SILK?

What do you use as the system font in 10.3 and SILK?
siflippant
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 2, 2004, 07:08 AM

Happy New Year all...

Just wondered, what font does everyone use as their system font [if they do change it, that is...] - I use Mr Tew's Ti7 and it's great... but most of the fonts I've used either don't fit [too wide] or just don't go with the sleek, grey design...

Whichever mod you use, what's YOUR font? [screenshots too where possible please]

later...

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2004, 02:12 PM

Bradley Hand

HytestA
Jan 2, 2004, 03:35 PM

Trixie Plain for System font and Trixie Cameo for System Headlines font.

Sorry no screenshot too stupid to know how to do it
...ill get my coat

Larg0
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2004, 04:44 PM

Hold down Command (Apple/Clover thingy) + Shift + 3 to take a screen shot of all viewable screen. Command + Shift + 4 turns the mouse cursor into a rectangle selection tool that lets you highlight a specific rectangle of space to take a shot of... kind of a preemptive cropping tool.

So long,
Larg0

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2004, 07:57 PM

I still use BankGothic Light, (see screenshot below) but I've also found that Skia, Bradly Hand, ChalkBoard, Century Gothic and Gil Sans work pretty great with Titanium. I'd sure be interested to know what other fonts people find to work well as System fonts.

Click the Pic for full size...

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Mike S.
Senior User
Jan 2, 2004, 08:05 PM

I absolutely love the way you broke the menu entries into floating "buttons" and made transparent spaces.

It's a really cool effect and I think it would be perfect for that Star Trek LCARS theme to adopt if it ever gets made.

Sorry to go off topic but that's the first time I've seen it.

HytestA
Jan 2, 2004, 08:16 PM

Originally posted by Larg0:
Hold down Command (Apple/Clover thingy) + Shift + 3 to take a screen shot of all viewable screen. Command + Shift + 4 turns the mouse cursor into a rectangle selection tool that lets you highlight a specific rectangle of space to take a shot of... kind of a preemptive cropping tool.

So long,
Larg0
Sorry think you misunderstood, I can take snapshots, thats easy its getting the screengrab on the forum where i get stuck
...ill get my coat

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2004, 11:00 PM

dp

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2004, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by HytestA:
Sorry think you misunderstood, I can take snapshots, thats easy its getting the screengrab on the forum where i get stuck
Well after you've taken the snapshot then you just upload it to your server and then put a link to it in your email with the html symbols for an image around the link. you put (img) before the link and (/img) after the link but use square brackets [] instead of the round ones(). You can see how by clinking reply on someone else's post that has a picture and their code will be obvious. It's easy.

HytestA
Jan 3, 2004, 04:21 PM

ah i see, so its click reply, copy and paste into new reply and change the urls used. Now to find out where my webspace is, i know i have some somewhere...
...ill get my coat

Forum Links
Forum Rules